This is a full time study programme. You will sit an exam for each of the 3 units of:
Philosophy of Religion
Development in Christian Thought
The results for each paper will be combined and aggregated by the exam board and will result in one overall grade.
You will learn through a variety of teaching methods which will aim to meet the needs of each individual and accommodate different learning styles for example, case studies, assessments, group work, practical work, projects, extended writing and interactive activities.
Learners will have the opportunity to
Build on the knowledge, understanding and skills established at GCSE (9–1). Learners will be introduced to a more advanced approach to Religious Studies, and will develop a deeper understanding of the beliefs, teachings and philosophy they study.
● Develop their interest in a rigorous study of religion and belief and relate it to the wider world
● develop knowledge and understanding appropriate to a specialist study of religion
● develop an understanding and appreciation of religious thought and its contribution to individuals, communities and societies
● adopt an enquiring, critical and reflective approach to the study of religion
● reflect on and develop their own values, opinions and attitudes in the light of their study
● You will be assessed through formal written assessment
● There are 9 Formal assessments, including 3 written examinations in year 1 and 8 formal assessments including 3 written examinations in year 2.
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
An A Level in Philosophy and Ethics can naturally lead to further studies at university, including philosophy, ethics, theology, anthropology, history, classics, medicine, law, psychology, social work and education. Those who have studied Ethics and Philosophy have often progressed onto careers in medicine, dentistry, law, advertising, the civil service, education, film and television, information technology, journalism, marketing, and management.
Please Note: While every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of these details, changes can and do occur. Please confirm the course details when enrolling.