UAL Level 2 Award and Diploma in Performing & Production Arts: Throughout the course you will develop a range of skills and knowledge preparing you for progression onto the Level 3 courses available at Clarendon Sixth Form College, including:
You will study a variety of units, including: ● Introduction to Performance ● Producing and Performing to an Audience ● Acting Skills ● Dance Skills ● Musical Theatre Skills
The team at Clarendon 6th Form College will support you, challenge you and open your eyes to the potential for an exciting and varied future in the Performing Arts industry.
● You will often be given 1-2-1 support with a teacher to help you achieve your goals
● You will be assigned a Progress Tutor who will specifically look after your pastoral and course requirements
● You will be assessed through a variety of methods including discussions, presentations, written work and performances
● You will have the opportunity to be involved in a rich and diverse enrichment programme, which includes:
● Public Performances, including 1 BIG Musical and 1 contemporary play
● TIE: (Theatre in Education). Directly bringing theatre into local schools with music, singing and dance workshops
● Fight Club: Stunt and stage combat work, including unarmed and rapier & dagger training.
● Dance Club: A wide selection of dance including: Ballet, street, modern, ballroom and tap. A fantastic opportunity for you to develop dance and fitness, for fun or at a higher level.
● Song Club: Fun, weekly singing sessions to improve your voice and to have an opportunity to sing in public, as part of a choir or as a solo performer.
● Audition class: Essential for your progression into drama school. This is led by experienced and professional acting coaches with many years’ experience supporting young people, into gaining a place at the top UK drama schools.
The staff at Clarendon Sixth Form college have supported their previous students in reaching their goals and securing places at top UK Drama schools, including: ALRA, Arden School of Theatre, Arts Ed, Guildford School of Acting (GSA), Laine Theatre Arts, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, Urdang Academy, Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
Various Drama Schools and Universities will be holding their auditions here at Clarendon Sixth Form College and have kindly agreed to give FREE auditions to ALL Clarendon Sixth Form students!
Students will learn from staff with many years of professional performance experience in TV, FILM and Theatre.
Staff will bring with them and instil the culture of professional rehearsal etiquette – the student experience will feel much more like Director and Performer and less like student and teacher.
You will be required to undertake an interview and be invited to our full-day audition. You will also be required to write a short (approximately 500 word) piece explaining a little about yourself and why you want to be a performer.
This is a full-time course, which we approach in a very practical way. Although there is not a lot of written work, you will be required to write a Log Book, keep a diary and write essays.
The majority of your assessments will be through your performances, many of which will be to public audiences in our own 200 seat theatre. Other performance venues may include the Royal Exchange Theatre, the Trafford centre and other site specific venues.
On successful completion of this qualification, most students progress onto Level 3 courses that specialise in Musical Theatre, Dance and Acting.
Some young people move immediately into industry or undertake a level 3 apprenticeship in the performance and production industries.
Please Note: While every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of these details, changes can and do occur. Please confirm the course details when enrolling.